Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I love being Poked!

So yesterday was an exciting day! So you know how last Friday my HCG levels dropped from 11 to 10 in six days, well my doctors called me yesterday and told me I needed to go in again. He maybe thought the lab had made a mistake reading my levels because it definitely should be a zero 8 weeks later! Yeah well it wasn't. The had me test my blood at the Provo Hospital and then run up to the Orem hospital and test it again in the other arm. You would think after I have had my blood drawn at least 50 times in this whole pregnancy process I would get use to the fact of sticking a needle in my tiny little veins that a nurse can barely see. But nope, not really! Oh it just makes me want to pass out every time. And twice yesterday, lucky me! So results came back from both places and yep they were the same. My levels dropped to an 8! Flip why in the world are they not dropping faster!

But the good news is, hopefully, Bracken and I can start the IVF process soon. I need to set up a few appointments with my doctor in Sandy, have a few more tests of my uterus, called a saline ultra sound and begin taking some antibiotics and birth control pills.   The antibiotics are to help prevent any infection in my fallopian tubes and the birth control pills are to regulate my hormone levels. It's kinda been nice for eight weeks having my body heal before we get started again. However, I have been taking this nasty medication that is normally prescribed to diabetics to help control their insulin levels, but in regards to fertility it helps in the quality of the eggs and reduces hyperstimulation. My body is super sensitive to FSH (follicle stimulating hormone, Follistem)  medication so my ovaries and eggs like to get really big and suuuuupppper sensitive. Each IUI (where they stimulate my eggs to grow, give me a trigger shot to release my eggs, and inject me with Bracken's sperm) I have been put on bed rest because I get so bloated with the swollen eggs and ovaries. Anyways the IVF process is suppose to be able to monitor and help prevent hyperstimulation in happening with me. Supposedly more safe in my situation. I would absolutely love to hear if you are anyone you know has gone through this as well. Maybe theirs or your body is sensitive to FSH medication.

But good news, I bought my plane ticket out to Knoxville to go spend the summer with Bracken! Yeah I finally get to see him. I love doing nothing in the summer, but sitting by the pool while he works! jk!

Anyways thanks to everyone who has facebooked me and left me so many wonderful comment and words of encouragement.   I can't explain how much it helps me! I love you guys so much!

Oh more thing..... I made some yummy vegetable soup and took a picture. Bracken thinks it sound gross, but actually I eat in every night because I made too much! Ha!!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Katie, I love reading your posts and hearing about what you are going through.Our next step is IUI, I would love to talk to you more about it! I think your soup looks delish:) Can't wait for you to start your process with IVF and I REALLY hope it works! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your soup looks delicious!!!!! I am so excited you will be in Knoxville with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dream come true. And I am so excited for your body to keep healing and getting better so you get to start this next step! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate getting poked too!! Just found this blog from Devyn's. Glad you started one, I think it will be really good for you. Did Bracken take the job with my cousin Brad? Or in Idaho? How long are you going to Knoxville for? Exciting!! Good luck with getting your blood levels down!

    ReplyDelete