Thursday, May 19, 2011

Our Journey Begun


Bracken and I were married on May 3, 2008! Wow I can't believe it has been more than three years ago. We started dating my sophmore year and his junior year. Bracken moved to my High School in 2001 and from then on we dated off and on. I always knew I loved him more than anything in the world, but knew we were so young. He was more like my best friend. He had been there for me in the toughest times in my life. And you know, he still is to this day. I was on birth control for one month and it was a nightmare. I have tried a few different birth control pills and nuva ring was the last option for me. Throughout high school I have always had a irregular menstrual cycle, but since college and my days of limited eating and extensive exercise I lost my period for a few years. I can remember the first day I started. I was in Sacramento California, alone in an apartment, and started bleeding for the first time in three years. I bleed for one day after I took out the nuva ring. I was relieved! Bracken and I decided that it might be difficult to have a kid, so we started trying right away. Yes it has been three years now, and sometimes I do feel like I am the only person in the world that deals with this struggle, but I know I'm not. For the longest time I have had this nagging feeling to start this fertility blog. Yes for my own benefit, but the benefit of you too! I would love to continue to share Bracken and I's struggle with our journey of infertility, but I would also love to hear all of your moments of joy and happiness. Life is definitely full of struggles but I've come to realize I receive the strength from so many around me. My family is such a great support, and I have some of the best friends anyone could ask for. My greatest support is my Savior. I know he knows the desires of my heart, but there are things I need to learn before. I know someday I will be a great mother, from all the lessons I have learned along the way. Thank you to those of you who have been a support to me and truly love me for who I am. This blog is for you and I who want to share our stories, share words of encouragement, give positive uplifting advice, and to those who just want to make a comment. I hope this can help us!

5 comments:

  1. So happy you started this!!!!! Great starting post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. We understand how hard it is. This blog is a great idea. Look forward to hearing some good news and progress for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie. I saw your link to this on FB and am so sorry to hear that this is a struggle for you guys. My husband and I also tried for two years to get pregnant and even though we are currently expecting our third I will never forget the pain that comes with fertility issues. My heart goes out to you guys and I hope you find an answer soon!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hilary, yes you of all people understand! I am so happy that you have two beautiful little girls now! Lets keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. katie just read through all your posts!!! congrats on the new blog, I fully expect you to be keeping it up all through the summer and beyond!!! I miss you and will miss you SO much after this school year is over!

    xx
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete